Something that I really enjoy using in the classroom are interactive journals (also called Interactive Notebooks or ISNs)
3. Students keep their work organized and neat.
Interactive journals have a table of contents and numbered pages. Students are required to place each page in the correct order and take ownership for their notebook if pages are missing. You can even have students color code or use colored sticky notes to organize information. Students will love the final product of having an organized, well designed notebook.
4. Interactive Journals can be used for every subject!
5. Foldables and flaps are just plain FUN.
6. You can easily align student notebooks with Common Core.
7. Students will actually enjoy the note-taking process!!
8. Students take ownership and care for their notebooks.
9. Students see the final product and can take pride in their work. Students can use this work as a portfolio too!
10. Multiple Intelligences are at work!
Interactive journals incorporate multiple intelligence (Howard Gardner’s theory) into your teaching. Get the other parts of the students brains working!
11. Last but not least, here are FREEBIES to get your students using an Interactive Reading Journal!
Cover of notebook:
Reading Log/Table of Contents:
Character Development: Adjectives
Are you ready to jump right in?!
Here are resources to keep an interactive journal throughout the ENTIRE year!